“There is only so much a good person can be verbally abused and insulted before they unleash their inner sleeping dragon. And that is why Cinderella, locked in her attic, doomed to a life of cleaning, decided enough was enough and took action.”

This is a part of a Cinderella article Nikita Gill wrote in her book, “Wild Embers”. It made me think of the blog I had published saying “Fairytales 2.0”. I may or may not have forgotten about that, but anyway, this article jogged my memory.

It would be unfair of me, to write a story on how Cinderella should have ended. Because there is no should. Each of us is our own Cinderella, going through one form of pain or the other. And it is up to each of us, how we breakthrough. In my version of Cinderella, she would not have married the Prince. Instead, she would have gone to the Ball in rags, just how she is, proud of the way he looks and knowing that a gown and makeup will not change who she is.

She would have gone for a night of dancing, letting herself lose. And when the Prince would have asked her for her hand, she would have said no, and ridden off on a black horse to live her life. She had no intention to be married at the tender age of nineteen.

That being said, the above is simply my version. Someone else might have had the Princess become the rightful ruler of her Father’s own empire. For Queens without Kings, will still remain Queens.

What I am trying to say is, a fairy tale is not a fixed watermark. Instead, it is a kaleidoscope of individual perception, changing its patterns for everyone. None of us are the same, and neither are our views.

So yes. To conclude, this is what I have to say. Be your own Knight in shining armour. Look for a sword, not a stereotypical, fair young man riding up to a castle to save you. Be a warrior, not a Damsel in Distress. Create your own destiny. Pave your own path.

And never, ever let the society or a fairy tale tell you that women are made for apple pies and white frocks and talking to animals in innocent voices, when they are built for making their mark in the world and having successful futures and anything else they want to be.

A/N: I would advise the reader to read the prequel to this blog for better context. You can access it here

print