Maybe you are like me. Maybe you get caught reading past your bedtime, like me. Maybe you live to write poetry. Maybe you have a bookshelf full of books and yet complain that you have nothing to read.

Maybe you are like her. Maybe you are at your best on the soccer field. Maybe you love to party till dawn. Maybe you get in trouble for wearing cleats to school, and coming back from games with muddy t-shirts.

Or…maybe, you are like no one. Maybe you wear glasses and braces and know more science than anyone in the class. Maybe you are extremely outgoing, but also someone who is called a computer geek. Maybe you love poetry and literature, but also love sports.

My point is, don’t freak out if you don’t fit into any stereotypes.

So what, if you are in the “cool” group, but don’t like wearing make-up? So what, if you love singing, but don’t like some famous singers? And so what, if you are shy?
Next time someone tells you to not be too shy, tell them that Newton, Einstein, and Shakespeare were no social extroverts either…

Look, I am in middle school, and I know the intensity of peer pressure that goes around. I have been forced a hundred times, to stop being so bossy. But guess what? I’m not bossy, I like to think of myself as a leader. If people call you bossy, then so be it! Don’t be mean, don’t be rude or arrogant, but if being “bossy” is how you can get people to do stuff they don’t even like to do, then so be it! Stop caring so much, about what people think of you. Take positive feedback and work towards it, but never, ever change who you are.

If you have a loud pitch, embrace it. If you have long legs, take advantage of it, and kick whoever teases you for your height. (Ok, I’m kidding here…don’t do that) Just…Do what you love, and stop being insecure!

There will always be people, who will criticize and hate, but there will also be a few, who will hold your hand through every step. Focus on the positives, and live life embracing YOUR personality, not trying to be like anyone else.

Be you. You’re amazing, just the way you are. Trust me.

print